Thursday, March 21, 2013

Color Club ~ Port-Folio


A medium purple with a strong green duochrome.

Photo shown with:
One coat of Orly - Nail Defense
Three Coats of Color Club - Port-Folio
No top coat


More pictures and the review after the jump!






This polish gave me no end of trouble...  I attempted to swatch this for you guys three times before I threw in the towel.


  I don't know what was up with this formula!  I have never had so much of a problem with a Color Club polish before.  Their formula is normally amazing, but I was really disappointed this time.  No matter what I did, how I applied this polish, what basecoat I used, or how long I waited between coats, it still bubbled.


The color looked amazing both in the bottle and on the nail.  The duochrome was readily visible in all different forms of lighting, but played shy when it came to the camera.  It has a lovely base of a medium purple packed with a bright shamrock green duochrome shimmer.  I was going to wear this for St. Patrick's Day, but after all the issues with the formula I removed this polish immediately after the photos.


I really wanted to love this polish, but I just couldn't.  The shade was stunning but the formula just killed it for me.  I will not be using this polish again until I tinker with the formula.  Maybe I'll be able to fix it and actually enjoy this polish.

2 comments:

  1. That is surprising for a Color Club to be so problematic! I had the same problem with Models Own Golden Green and almost cried. No idea why it was bubbling! If you find a solution I'm eager to hear it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just swatched Color Club ~ Editioral and had the same kind of problems. I think it may be a problem with the batch as I had never had a Color Club react this way, before. It's really disheartening.

    Thank You so much for commenting and following! You're my first!! <3

    ReplyDelete